The month of September is Hunger Action Month each year. Hunger Action Month was created to involve and motivate the community to join forces to have a greater impact in the fight against hunger.
Hunger Action Month is a Feeding America initiative. Nationwide, food banks and food pantries use awareness campaigns during the month of September to better help the people we serve. Everyone in the community is urged to join the team to fight hunger.
Here are a few concrete ways you can help.
- Like us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram or Twitter. We’re @LoudounHunger.
- Use social media to share hunger facts with your social following and tag us in the post. Watch our social media for posts you can share! #LoudounHunger or #NeighborsatLHR
- Bring in a food donation. We post our most needed items each Wednesday on Facebook and on this blog.
- Donate money: We can buy food at wholesale prices, and we can target purchases to exactly what is needed each week.
- Contact your local officials to advocate for hunger relief in our community.
- Wear orange on Hunger Action Day, September 12, 2019.
We invite you to be one of the #NeighborsatLHR–neighbors helping neighbors.