JOB TITLE: Volunteer and Community Engagement Manager
STATUS: Exempt / Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director
DIRECT REPORTS: Volunteers
CREATED: September 2022
Volunteers are a key strategic resource for Loudoun Hunger Relief (LHR) – the duties they perform range from community food drives and fundraising, to working alongside our warehouse staff, to directly working with our clients. Volunteers not only serve LHR with needed tasks and functions, but they are also ambassadors for us in the community and are donors of their time and financial resources. The Volunteer and Community Engagement Manager is directly responsible for the design, planning, and execution of volunteer programs at LHR, including corporate team engagement, served community engagement, food drive management and special event planning.
This role explains opportunities to prospective volunteers, recruits for, trains, schedules and supervises daily volunteer activities. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment. Must be culturally competent with the ability to have good judgement and tact and enjoy working with a diverse variety of individuals and groups. This position balances the mission of LHR—providing food to those in need—with the important role of LHR as a meaningful volunteer space in our community. This position is also often the face and voice of LHR in the community.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIRED (Minimum education and experience needed to perform the job adequately)
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, but will consider equivalent experience
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Fluent Spanish and English speaking and writing preferred
· 3-5 years of experience with supervising, coordinating, and evaluating volunteer services
· Understanding of the role of volunteerism in a nonprofit setting
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Working knowledge of Volunteer Hub preferred
If you are interested, please send your resume and (optional) cover letter at email@example.com